About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 31 October 2014

Medical Check-up...

"The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep..." - E. Joseph Cossman


I had to let anxiety take over my life for a few days.

This morning we joined the early morning traffic to brave the massive jam from Selayang to Bangsar. My appointment for the medical check-up was at 08:30 but we reached Pantai Hospital an hour late.

At the Executive Screening Clinic on 7th floor the registration was swift. The receptionist had earlier received the GL from PM Care and booked an appointment with Dr Ng. There were many patients at the x-ray and ultrasound sections and it took me almost 2 hours to complete the chest x-ray, bone-density scan, abdominal and breast ultrasound.

I skipped the stress test as my right foot was hurting so they did ECG instead and collect my blood and urine samples. My weight was a few kg above an ideal weight and my blood pressure reading was quite high. Dr. Ng suggested for me to wear the Blood Pressure Watch for 24 hours to get a more accurate BP and other vital readings.

Looking at the results of some of the tests, Dr. Ng’s initial diagnosis was quite worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment