About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Thailand: Travelling after the Bangkok Blast...

"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure..." - Paulo Coelho


I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

The bombing that took place at a shrine in a bustling busy Rajaprasong intersection in Bangkok on Monday, 18 August 2015 killed more than 25 people including tourists and injuring more than 100 people. It has shaken Thailand and has given tourists the jitters too.

I feel vulnerable to enter Thailand at this moment. But as planned ealier, this Friday hubby and I are going for a solo ride crossing the Thailand border and riding up north to Phitsanulok and Phetchabun, avoiding Bangkok, passing through and stopping for the night at some towns along the route.

Please pray for our safety...

(A vibrant colorful resort in Petchabun)

Date: 21 - 29 August 2015
Route: KL - Phatthalung - Cha'am - Phitsanulok - Petchabun - 
Petchaburi - Ranong - Krabi - Pak Bara - KL
Total distance: 3,850 km

My Overseas Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Assalam Alaykum! As I am brazilian and I like the author Paulo Coelho too, thanks for his quote.
    About your post: violence in the world is increasing because people forgot God.
    Best regards, visit my blog too,
    Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise Bornfim,
    W'salam sis... alhamdulillah it was calm and peaceful during our trip i Thailand. I am safe and sound back in my home town.

    Dewi Aja,
    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete