About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 19 October 2007

Perlis - Cave of Darkness...

“A hopeful heart and an open mind are the best travelling companions..”

Gua Kelam, Perlis

My court case in Kuala Kubu Baru this week was postponed to a later date so I was able to travel with hubby to Perlis. During the short stay in Kangar and in between his scheduled meetings, we managed to explore Gua Kelam, did a little shopping at Padang Besar and had seafood dinner at Kuala Perlis.

(The entrance to Gua Kelam)

Gua Kelam is situated at Kaki Bukit, a 370-metre long limestone cave can be access by way of a suspension bridge. The uniqueness of the entrance and the experience of walking along the bridge, make exploration of this cave an adventurous experience.

(Pathway illuminated with lights)

A cool underground stream flows in the limestone cave for about a quarter of a mile long. The cave is clean and free of bats smell.

(Dramatic photo opportunity)

A wooden walkway hangs suspended throughout the length of the underground cavern leading to picnic spot on the opposite end called the Wan Tangga Valley.

We only stayed a night in Kangar and later spent a long relaxing weekend in Sri Kijang, Langkawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment