About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 19 June 2011

My emak...

“I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life...” ~Abraham Lincoln


It has been exactly 2 weeks since my emak suffered a hemorrhagic stroke. She was brought to Melaka Hospital unconscious. It was a miracle when she opened her eyes on the 3rd day and able to move her left hand and leg.

For a week, my emak stayed in the hospital under close observation. The stroke had left half her body paralyzed and impaired her speech and swallowing totally but her hearing and eyesight is still alert and she is able to acknowledge when called.

The doctor allowed my emak to be brought home when she showed improvement and her blood pressure stabled. She may be bed-ridden and still on nasogastric tube feeding but being in her own home and nearer to my Abah and being taken care by her beloved children, hopefully will make her feel comfortable and at peace.

The sky is clear and cloudless tonight,
I watch you sleep, peaceful and quiet
Recalling so many memories of me and you
I sit here in my silence praying for you…

Hundreds of stars in the sky together,
But you are my only mother to have forever…

7 comments:

  1. Dear Nong,
    What can we say..knowing that, ultimately it will come when we all have to face it too.....take care of her and her other half as you have mentioned ..he is also going through a rough time....they both are so devoted to each other....

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak Mun,

    Linda doakan agar semuanya selamat sejahtera. Take care.

    -linda-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alhamdullillah, you were given the opportunity to be by her side when she need you most. Ramai yang tidak diberi peluang begini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam K.Nong..

    Semoga emak K.nong cepat sembuh yer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nong I am sure she is happy, because she is home with her love ones..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the prayers. She is stable and comfortable at home...

    ReplyDelete