About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 1 January 2017

Momento from South Africa (1996)

"Capturing the moments of today that will wow your hearts tomorrow..." 

(An Ostrich egg on a ceramic ornament)

The Ostrich Egg

We were in South Africa in November 1996 for business and leisure trip and to celebrate my 41st birthday.

We had the opportunity of visiting a beautiful mansion of a colleague in Johannesburg and were presented with an ostrich egg from his many egg collections.

Ostriches are native to Africa. The ostrich eggs are bone-white, strangely shiny, and of unbelievable girth. In fact, an ostrich yolk is the world's largest. Ostrich eggs make great conversation starters, if you can get beyond the uneasy impression that they are not the eggs of dinosaurs.

Yes, it's very tempting to become an ostrich egg owner. But once you have it, what do you do with it? Other than it being used to amaze and mystify my grandchildren of course... ha ha...

My Overseas Travel Blog: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment