About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 9 November 2006

UiTM Royal Gala Dinner...

"There are two kinds of people in one's life—people whom one keeps waiting—and the people for whom one waits...” - Samuel Nathaniel Behrman


The last few days, my people have been running around back and forth between office, MOF and the Mint in preparation for the introduction of the UiTM 50th anniversary commemorative coins. Without the approval of the PM, the coins could not be launched during the Royal Gala Dinner, in conjunction with the UiTM 50th Anniversary.

Anyway, things turned out ok although I've not been very pessimistic in the beginning. I've been feeling a bit burnt out myself, grumpy and unreasonably demanding for results. It occurred to me I've been spending far too much time in my head, thinking about what ifs, and I've lost the heart on concentrating on other things equally important.

On the day of the Gala Dinner I received a last minute invitation from the RMM which I politely declined as we have already made arrangement to buy a table to be shared among our UiTM alumni friends. I heard that the RMM paid RM10,000 per table whereas the one that we booked cost us only RM1,000. And commensurate with where we were to be seated, of course!

Avoiding after-office traffic jam, we reached Sunway Lagoon Hotel quite early. The dinner was graced by His Majesties the King and Queen. There were long speeches by the VC of UiTM and later the Minister of Higher Education followed by congratulatory messages by the International Representatives. As our table was in the foyer outside the main hall, rather than listening to those boring speeches, we were busy spending time getting acquainted again, exchanging and updating news and laughing at classic jokes and old stories. Those stories may be stale but the moral that they may convey to the world is forever green and topical.

It was a long night. On the big screen, we caught glimpses of some VIPs and dignitaries yawning uncontrollably. Finally, around 10 p.m. dinner was served, to which by this time, I have emptied twice of the giant glass in front of me…

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I've just drifted onto your blog and can I say the bits I read are beautiful. It's so lovely to read of a lifetimes romance. I wish you love and life and continued happiness.

    From a fellow blogger
    Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. UiTM ... 50th anniversary ... congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura,
    thanks for dropping by. Will visit your blog too :)

    yes, it's a life time love story with all the complications of the hearts...

    hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Azer,
    Yeah... congratulations to Uitm. They have come a long way.

    Zaman i kat sana belum U status lagi... he he...

    ReplyDelete