About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 2 February 2007

Good-bye Big Foot...

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharial Nehru

(Toyota Hi-Lux)

I love outdoor activities since I was young.

I joined the scouts, played hockey for my school, go hiking and camping whenever I had the chance. When I got married my outdoor activities were limited only to camping and mountain climbing. Later when the children grew up, we indulged in biking and 4WD expeditions. I am lucky hubby and children shared the same hobby. We trained our kids from small and used to bring them to go camping and jungle trekking expeditions since they were toddlers.

In the late 90’s we bought our Bigfoot, a recon double-cab Toyota Hi-Lux pick-up and joined the Asian Adventure club to go for the 4x4 expeditions. The Hi-Lux was modified with winches, bull bars and anti-roll bars for better maneuvering in the jungle and had gone through the very worst of hard-core expeditions. It had traveled up the mountain and down the ravine and had never failed to serve us well at the most difficult of terrains.

Until recently, we decided to sell it off. I nearly shed a tear, for I hate to depart with that rugged pick-up.

For a replacement, we bought a new Ford Ranger, the Black Foot. Although brand new and stylish, the feel is not the same feel of muscularity comfort of the old Hi-Lux. And for a start, last weekend we went to Berkelah Waterfalls to test drive the new pick-up and again on Hari Wilayah, we went to Taman Negara for another joy ride.

(Ford Ranger Extreme)

Hopefully, the Black Foot is ideal on the road as well as on extreme off-road conditions and has the traction power to match the old Bigfoot….

2 comments:

  1. ella pun mcm rindu kat bigfoot tu. dpt merasa bigfoot tu kejap jer, time iwan bwk pegi utp. wpun kejap, tp jasa dia byk.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear ella,
    Dalam banyak2 kereta kita, mak paling sayang big foot tu...

    Meleleh air mata masa nak jual dia...

    ReplyDelete