About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 28 February 2007

I'm not perfect...

"I am not perfect, Neither are you. We have to make allowances for the things that we do..."


If I make a mistake
and do something wrong
I'll admit my error
I need to be strong.

I will not hide
or say it isn't so
I will not blame others
From my mistakes I do.

Please make this allowance
for my misspoken words
Or things I have done wrong
please forgive and forget.

(Author unknown)

I have not met her before nor have I heard about her. But when she called yesterday, I felt her anxiety. I am not comfortable talking over the phone as the team was in my room discussing on the tender details.

So today I agreed to meet her. She came over to my work place after office and we went for a drink at the café. We talked till it was dark and we continued talking after the Magrib prayer. For whatever reasons, I sensed she wants to confide in me and has someone to share her distress and sorrow.

I hope that within that short span of time, I was able to make her feel better…

8 comments:

  1. Kak Nong, that's nice of you, doing a favour for a stranger:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nong, that's true.. nice of you. if you have the time to listen. sometimes, talking to stranger is best..

    ReplyDelete
  3. kadangkala sesaorang memerlukan sesaorang lain yg dia percaya utk meluahkan perasaan yg terpendam lama..

    dan agaknya dia percaya nong boleh menjadi pendengar yang baik..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is inspiring. Lots of good photos and life experiences. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are all travellers in this world...and if the best we could find is a friend or two along the way...we've been blessed. you are one, nong:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazia,
    At times when you are feeling lost, your instinctive need is to share. I may not be able to solve her problems but I chose to be there and wished I was of help…

    *****

    Intan,
    Although a stranger, I am glad that she shared her worries and concerns. I am glad she trusted me without inhibitions or fears of being judged… If I were in her position, I would want someone to share my innermost concerns and seek advice too..

    *****

    Zino,
    Betul tu. Kadang kala ‘emotional bagage’ yang terkumpul memerlukan luahan perasaan kepada seseorang yang boleh dipercayai. I am glad to be someone she thinks as a confidante and who she can reach whenever she needs to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lppl,
    TQ. Welcome to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lina,
    Yes, we’ll come across one or two who we can share our concerns and talk about our problems. At times we need to let out our emotions and let go of our inhibitions.

    Along the journey, we will discover that we do have a friend or two who is willing to listen to us...

    ReplyDelete