About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 26 August 2009

I lost a cousin...

"Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying..."


Inna lillah wa inna 'ilayhi raji'un...

My cousin Rahim is the same age as me and he died today after a long battle with colon cancer. The last time I met him was nearly a year ago on Eidil-Fitri. And he was so full of energy then.

I pray that he be granted jannah...

In the month of Ramadhan
you quitely depart
A feeling of grief fills my heart
My soul is moved, awaken my fears
I pray for you, in silent tears
May you be peaceful
in your closing hours...

16 comments:

  1. Salam takziah untuk kelaurga dan al fathiha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moga dicucuri rahmat Allah sentiasa...Amin...

    Takziah buat kak nong sekeluarga...

    Al Fatihah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Semuga rohnya dicucuri rahmah Allah.
    Salam Ramadhan KakNong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam ziarah,
    takziah atas pemergian..

    semoga ramadhan membawa keberkatan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear all,
    It’s a great loss to the family. May he rest in peace.

    Al-fatihah…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anggerik Merah,
    I am saddened. I am also glad that he is out of misery. I guess he is in a better place.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Takziah


    Selamat menjalani ibadah puasa Kak Nong

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam takziah K Nong.May your cousin be put among the good and the pious.
    My grandfather and my uncle died due colon cancer too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. zino,
    Tq. Selamat menjalani ibadah puasa...

    *****
    sue,
    Tq. Selamat berpuasa. Semoga ibadah puasa kita diberkatiNya.

    *****
    madam,
    It is common now adays. Both my father and MIL had some parts of their intestines removed to because of ulcers/growth. Alhamdulillah, they are ok now.

    Selamat berpuasa. U take care...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Nong, regret to read of your cousin passing away. My deepest sympathies to you, and his family.
    Always sad to lose a close relative.

    What though the radiance which was once so bright,
    be now forever taken from my sight.
    Though nothing can bring back the hour,
    Of splendour in the grass,
    of glory in the flowers....
    We will grieve not,
    Rather find.....
    Strength in what remains behind.

    You keep well Nong, and best regards, Lee.
    Ooops, just remembered,
    Selamat menjalankan ibadah puasa dengan penuh tabah dan kesyukuran. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uncle Lee,
    Thank you very much for the nice thought...

    Selamat Menyambut Hari Merdeka. It was an honor for you to be there when they declared our independence!

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Al-fatihah.
    My best friend died from colon cancer at the age of 28. She passed away only 6 months after she was diagnosed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazia,
    I am sorry to hear about your friend. It is a great loss at that younger age...

    ReplyDelete