About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 28 August 2011

I shed tears...

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely..."

It’s nearing the end of Ramadhan. I thank Allah for His help with the month-long act of patience and self-control.

This morning, I searched high and low for the rendang cili api recipe. While peeling the onions for the rendang, I shed tears to no end. But they may as well be tears of happiness and sadness. I am happy to still be alive and blessed to witness and complete yet another Ramadhan and to celebrate the coming of Syawal. But I am also feeling sad, for this Eid would not be as joyous as previous years. This year we would not be able to taste my emak’s rendang and kuah lodeh any more.

(Rendang cili api on the stove...)

I have been spending my weekdays in Melaka since my emak fell sick. I am back in KL for the weekend and would be cooking the rendang for the family. I miss my emak's cooking and would give up any elite recipe for my emak's dish anytime.

(Hana helping in the kitchen...)

SeLaMaT HaRi RaYa EiD-FiTrI
maaf zahir & batin

4 comments:

  1. Selamat Hari raya to you kak nong and abang Mus..Saya dah 16 tahun rindu kan rendang daging mak saya. Saya rasa rendang dia paling sedap dan saya sendiri tak berapa pandai membuat rendang seperti dia.
    Mujur lah mak tiri pandai masak rendang ayam...
    Jemput lah ke Klang Kak pada raya ni ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ezza,
    Salam Eid Mubarak untuk Ezzah sekeluarga.

    Tahun2 sebelum ini, bila hari raya, without fail, I will call my emak and asked for recipe for her rendang. Now that my emak is sick dan tidak boleh bercakap, i really miss her celoteh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make me miss my mek's nasi dagang. Had not meet one that match hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tok Ngah,
    Betul tu. Nothing can come close to our mom"s cooking...

    ReplyDelete