About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 13 August 2011

Melaka: Ramadhan Charity Ride...

"Today, I gave a stranger one of my smiles.  It might be the only sunshine he sees all day..." 


More than 100 bikers rode in a charity convoy jointly organised by JAKIM, Welly Advance Bikers and Kawasaki to Rumah Seri Kenangan Cheng in Melaka. We were also accompanied by the press and media crew.

The Centre provides care and protection to poor senior citizens aged 60 and above and ensure their well being and quality of life. Majority of them do not have relatives and do not have a permanent residence.  The Bikers had the opportunity to mingle and beramah mesra with the elderlies. We later had the jamuan berbuka puasa with them and performed the Magrib prayers together.

Later, the bikers joined together in Takbir Raya and were recorded to be featured later on TV on Hari Raya day.

(Motorbikes parking in neat rows...)
(Bikers listening to a tazkirah...)
(Beramah mesra with the elderlies...)
(The ladies being interviewed...)
(Recording of Takbir Raya...)
(Takbir Raya next to their motorbikes...)
(A group photo with some of the lady bikers...)

Total mileage: 330 km
Route: KL- Cheng Melaka - KL
Riders gang: Welly advanced Bikers

3 comments:

  1. Salam Ramadhan Al-Mubarak Kak Mun!
    -linda-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Ramadan buat K Nong sekeluarga..
    Rumah Seri Kenangan Cheng tu just in front of my taman sis.Klu tau boleh turut serta n jumpa k Nong di situ..
    Actually dh berapa kali teragak n visit them n offer help in anyway I can kat rumah tu,tapi tak menjadi je..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Selamat berpuasa dan Selamat Eidil-Fitri untuk Linda sekeluarga...

    Madam,
    Salam Ramadhan Mubarak.

    Too bad we miss each other that night. I thought you are still in KB. Are you back in Melaka for good?

    I am in Melaka on weekdays to take care of my emak..

    ReplyDelete