About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 10 December 2006

The passage of time

"Another year gone. Time just seems to fly me by..."

(1985 - Sara, Iwan and Ja)

Last night, while lying on my bed, I reflected on the happenings during the year. This is my year of joy and delight. This is also my year of grief and sorrow. Early this year I lost my youngest son, Ja in a road accident. This year my eldest daughter, Sara and my second son, Iwan graduated from their varsities. This year Iwan got married to Ella. And only last week Sara received her PTD result and will be going away next week to report for training.

To Ja, I miss him so very much. To Sara and Iwan, I will be missing them too. A few months ago Iwan and Ella moved out to stay on their own in their new apartment. As for Sara, I know she will be busy attending the PTD program and later will be posted somewhere away from home. I realize our children need to get out on their own. I am going to miss their squeals, smiles and laughter.

Time stood still as I watched them grow. Thinking about it, I felt a slight pull on my heartstrings… All these years I hope I understood them well. I hope I have given them enough attention, love and care. And have guided them through every fear, through good decision, and blunder.

To my children I often said, “Life journey will never end at any destination because the destination for one is a milestone for another...”

6 comments:

  1. woooo ... reading this makes me hope to live a bit longer on another learning process ...

    learn to let it go

    :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azer,
    When children grow older, you get older too. Along the way you learn from each other, from our successes and failures.

    The most important in life is not the triumph but the struggle to get there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Nong,

    nice reflection! Make me think abt mine too.

    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kak Nong :

    I hope I am strong enough when the season of empty nest comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AM,
    Sooner or later we have to let them go. Only love will bring us closer even when we are far from each other…

    *****

    Kunci,
    U take care too dear…

    *****

    MA,
    You will be when the time comes. When I told my mum how I feel. She said, “sekarang baru tau perasaan ibu…” I remembered she cried buckets when I left home after my form 5… he he…

    ReplyDelete