About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 18 December 2006

World Heritage...

“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living...” – Miriam Beard


December is a lazy laid-back month where people would want to take a long break away from office, go for a holiday somewhere far.

Those skeleton staff who need to take care of the department are also relax on their job. Meetings are kept to the minimal. Everyone is in festivity frame of mind. This is the month where staff will know of their performance ratings which will later translate into their bonuses and increments. This is also the month where staff will try to finish their annual leave and for some who have the pleasure of accumulating leave and have no plan to utilize them will be calculating the cash conversion for 10 days at the max. The rest of the leave if not utilized will be burnt to ashes…

As for me I have less than 10 days left. Usually I’ll be cashing in all my leave balance but last week while looking through the mails, we came across our Enrich points flyers and decided that we will convert some for free tickets to somewhere. And we have chosen Cambodia. Our plan is to visit one of the most important archaeological sites in South-East Asia, the Angkor Wat.

I need to look for my khaki slacks and start packing my bag...

My Overseas Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. oh Nong!!..that is a terrific idea..we learnt about Ankor Wat in lower secondary (SMKB)with Mr. Yap the teacher and Mr. Asokan too.. if you still remember....

    ReplyDelete
  2. zino pun berminat kalau dapat melawat tempat2 yang ada nilai sejarah.. cuma nya RM tak mengizinkan lagi hehe..

    selamat bercuti.. kami sekeluarga pun nak bercuti juga nanti.. tapi dokek je lah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Nong,
    enjoy your trip.
    Wish you selamt hari raya qurban and happy new year.

    Lots of love from AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear B,
    Yes, I still remember Mr. Asokan. My favorite subjects then were geography and history.

    So many places to visit and many more interesting places to explore...

    *****

    Zino,
    Orang tua kata, jauh berjalan, banyak pengalaman. Saya suka visit tempat2 bersejarah, local dan oversea.

    Hajat di hati nak lawat semua 'wonders of the world'.

    *****

    AM,
    Thank you, i will.

    Wishing you 'Selamat Hari Raya' and 'Happy New Year'

    Take care dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...kak Nong nak pergi Cambodia?...Angkor Watt salah satu destinasi yang menarik...tersimpan banyak sejarah...satu binaan sejarah yang banyak mengundang tanda tanya....

    Enjoy your holiday kak Nong...balik nanti jgn lupa upload gambar ye....

    ReplyDelete
  6. akak berjalan lagi? bestnya!.. have fun! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kak Lady & Simah,
    Angkor Wat dan tempat2 bersejarah yang ada disana sungguh menakjubkan.

    Tak terlarat nak jelajah kesemuanya...

    ReplyDelete