About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 4 December 2006

An affair to remember...

"To a friend, our goodbye isn't painful unless we're never going to say hello again…"

(1 - 3 Dec, 2006, Andaman Langkawi...) 

Childhood sweethearts share an innocence
That, if they marry, lasts them all their lives,
An early sacrifice that makes no sense,
Save that something beautiful survives.

There is the sense that angels would do this,
A rightness like a rock before the sea,
A hunger for a symbiotic kiss,
For love as pure as it was meant to be.

And so it is for those who make that choice,
Who dare to love so faithfully and long
That each becomes to each a second voice,
Transforming merest moments into song.

How beautiful first love! Yet better still,
A love for life sustained by wish and will.

(Nicholas Gordon)


To a friend, our goodbye isn't painful unless we're never going to say hello again…

6 comments:

  1. it must have been a wonderful affair *to remember*.. padanla akak senyap lama betul :0) u were busy somewhere else..

    i miss langkawi myself..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so blur. but i know andaman is a beautiful place..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nong,
    It's been a while,since I dropped by to to say hi...
    Today is Kid's birthday..happy birthday to kid..happy birthday to Big Five

    luv U.

    ReplyDelete
  4. simah,
    I had a wonderful time with a close friend of mine.

    But I was in Langkawi to attend our annual Senior Management Conference. Work, work, work...

    *****

    Kunci,
    It's ok to be blur once in a while :)

    But Andman is such a romantic place...

    *****

    Dear B,
    Yes, It's been a while since... I hope you are ok and cheery.

    *****

    Dear Kid,
    Happy Birthday. We miss U lots...

    ReplyDelete
  5. sabil menyelam minum air ye kak nong, andaman memang cantik kan..dah lama tak pergi, i used to work in langkawi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue,
    Betul tu. Kak Nong sambil menyelam, minum air, nasib tak lemas je :)

    Langkawi is such a nice island. One of my favorite destinations kalau saje2 nak relax...

    ReplyDelete