About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 2 March 2007

A sea of pain...

"In the end, the only thing you really own is your story..."


That day when I sent hubby to KL Sentral, we drove in silence.

Each of us was lost in confusion and total self bliss. Something I said must have hurt him. When we kissed goodbye, I could see the sadness in his eyes. For two days we lost touch. His last sms was before he boarded the plane to Dhaka.

That day when he came back from Dhaka, he sms, I was too tired to reply. I worked hard whole day trying not to think. The special audit on the department was disrupting our normal operations. The team stayed till late night but my mind was somewhere else.

That night, we stayed in bed holding each other in silence. Not even a million words could interpret the emotions of the moment. I love you very much too, yang...

When life becomes a sea of pain
And every moment agony
I must endure again, again,
It is a curse to have to be.

Even as I must go on,
You watch me helpless from the shore;
Sailing thus, though loved, alone,
I need you with me all the more.

(Nick G)

8 comments:

  1. Nong, we've been there many, many times... no matter how hard we try to avoid those situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak Nong,

    For a while, I don't know what to write here... maybe I can offer you a big hugggg.

    You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of emotions circulating in these 2 entries.. hope things r well .take care..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kak Nong,

    I keep coming to yur blog for inspiration and encouragement...
    Never mind those emotions as long as we can express what's inside we'll feel better and happier...

    Luv & Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ups and downs of life nong:) hang in there...its good to have a little tiff..if only to renew the sense of belonging once again.

    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kak Nong...tak tau nak komen ape...cuma...doa hope everything will be fine again as usual...

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  7. errr ... nice poem by nick g … thx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intan,
    I guess i tried to sweep out all the ruins that my emotions left...

    AM,
    Hugs from me too. Take care...

    Simah,
    Jarang nak emotional. Sekali sekala apa salahnye nak let out steam...

    Diana,
    How's life with you? Life is quite complicated at times...

    Lina,
    True. Once in a while we need to let our emotions rule our heart...

    K Lady,
    I am ok. When i hurt people i love, i'm hurting myself too...

    Azer,
    The poem reflects the sadness in my heart at that time...

    ReplyDelete