About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 8 January 2008

I need a lawyer!

“How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live...” - Henry David Thoreau


Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes.

Last week when I received the subpoena for a court case in Ipoh, I was contemplating whether to drive the night before or start from home very early in the morning on the trial day. Because of my poor night vision, I decided on the later.

So this morning, the alarm woke me up at 5.30 a.m. I started my driving just after 6.00 and had planned my journey well. As this was my first time to Ipoh on my own, I was equipped with the map printed and the route to the Ipoh Magistrate Court marked and highlighted for easy navigation.

I was driving within speed limit. I was doing 100 – 110km/hr all the way to Ipoh. Had ample time to stop at Tapah R&R for breakfast. I arrived safely, parked my car at the Railway Station, studied the case and familiarized the facts and just before 9.00 a.m. I walked leisurely to the court.

I registered my presence and was seated between 2 big bouncers at the last row in the cramped court room, listened to minor offenses being mentioned, postponed or dismissed. My case was mentioned just after recess. The date of the trial was fixed in April and all witnesses will be subpoenaed again.

When I retrieved my car, there was a familiar notice stuck on my windscreen – Majlis Bandaraya Ipoh Kod Kesalahan 33 – gagal mempamer kupon letak kereta! Arrrggh…

I was not in a good mood. I was doing more than 130km/hr on my journey back to KL and was stopped at a police road-block right after Tapah R&R and given a ticket for speeding. Arrrggh again…..

I can either pay the fines or I can contest. I really need a lawyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment