About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 12 September 2008

Inferno at Sri Putramas...

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop…” - Laurell K. Hamilton

I was preparing for the iftar when we heard the alarm blaring at the corridor. Hubby went out to inspect when the ringing became louder and urgent. He came back, announced that there was a little smoke and continued watching TV. Only when we looked down from our 22nd floor apartment, we saw a commotion at the car park and along Jalan Kuching. One of the apartments below ours was on fire!



I grabbed my handbag and hubby grabbed a Tupperware full of kurma! The corridor was starting to fill up with smoke but the staircase was still clear. We passed a few security guards carrying fire extinguishers and some blowing whistles and knocking on doors.

We were the last to come down and in time to berbuka at the car park. It took a while for the firemen to put out the flames as the affected apartment was on the 19th floor. We drove off to Masjid Wilayah to pray and later to restoran Tanjung Puteri to share a plate of Mee Goreng P. Ramlee…

It was late at night when we were allowed to enter our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment