About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 10 February 2009

Telling moments...

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you...” - Oscar Wilde


I got to get out of this clutter and find simplicity...

The weekend was spent painting the chalet and bush-cutting the fences. Me doing the painting and hubby doing the bush-cutting, of course. With both of us nursing our back pain at end of day, we decided to have early dinner at the famous mee bandung restaurant. Early next day we went to see mak and abah before we drove back to KL. When we reached our apartment, we only had time to shower and packed our bag and again hit the road to Ipoh as I need to be present at the Magistrate court.

Many roads were closed in Ipoh, partly because of Thaipusam but mainly because of the recent political turmoil. The high court was swarmed with policemen and reporters. Even the session court was packed with people. I was seated in the worst seat next to the orang kena tuduh (OKT) as the court room was filled to the brim. When the DPP showed me a thumb-down signal, I suspected that my case is to be postponed again. I was disappointed for I have traveled far and felt so tired, even a veteran like the defense counsel looked taxed.

While waiting for my case to be mentioned, I sat quietly watching the court proceedings, trying to stay alert to capture telling moments - when people show emotions, or when witnesses recount a critical detail or reenact an event. I recalled that during emotional moments of the trial, the lady Magistrate would appear stoic. At other times, even laugh with the attorneys and OKTs - an image not seen by many outside the courtroom.

Only much later, we were informed that my case was postponed to another date.

9 comments:

  1. Cik Milah,

    That’s one of my occupational hazard. Some court room tak disediakan bilik untuk saksi. Jadi terpaksa duduk kat bangku kayu satu hari suntuk sementara menunggu giliran kes dipanggil.

    Salah2 orang ingat kita ni OKT jugak he he…

    ReplyDelete
  2. kak nong,
    tak rasa keras ke duduk in between OKT tu..?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lupa nak tanya,
    kak nong sketch sendiri ke..? cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue,

    He he... duduk diam2 takut nak gerak. Some of them viciously hard core convicts.

    Tak boleh snap photo. So itu my version of courtroom sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gamaknya akak dah terlampau selalu sangat kena panggil jadi witness..akak dah boleh kenal semua judge kat court yg akak selalu pergi ni... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kak Nong...tak syok betul bila kene duduk dengan OKT tu...heheheh

    Baru tengok gambar2 pengembaraan Kak Nong sebelum ni...bestnya dpt berendam dengan air sejuk tu...terasa nyaman...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Kak Nong,

    Kesiannya Kak Nong terkepit kat tengah tu...

    Hmmm, hensem jugak OKT tu ek? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simah,
    Betul tu. Ada sorang tu kawan kak nong masa sekolah rendah. Masa kecik dulu comot je budak tu, selalu kena buli (dengan sape lagi ). Sekarang dah jadi Mejistret, kena panggil ‘Puan Yang Arif’ … he he…

    *****

    ANie
    Kak Nong selalunye avoid bersemuka dengan OKT, dorang ni banyak kaki-kaki kat luar bagi support…

    Kalau serabut dengan kerja, terus teringat nak masuk hutan, mandi sungai….

    *****

    Bunga Rampai,
    Terkepit takpe… Yang nak berkenalan pun ada… he he… Yang hensem smart dressing tu lagi bahaya dari blue collar criminals… Buat salah pun, senyum lebar posing untuk photographer…

    ReplyDelete