About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 16 March 2009

A Mughal Princess...

“A person visiting a country for the first time must not put any labels on anything, he should just enjoy observing...”
(If I am an Indian lady, I may end up looking like this...)

Walking into the City Palace museum in Jaipur in December 2008, we were enthralled by its vast collection of displays of original parchments and ancient manuscripts of Hindu scriptures. Paintings of Mughal and Persian arts are also on display. While browsing the paintings, we imagined a date with history, where we walk down lanes once trodden by kings and princess, where battles were won and lost.

We were engrossed admiring Mughal paintings, when I was approached to have my portrait sketched by a famous artist of Jaipur. And I acquired an art piece more priceless than Van Gogh or Monet.

My Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. kak,
    saya rasa kak nong lagi cantik dari gambar tu....


    Dan saya ni pun bukan peminat seni lukis pun..yang saya tau cuma van gogh dengan lukisan bunga dia tu dan lenardo da vinci tu dengan monalisa yang saya kira tak cantik pun...

    Tapi saya tabik dengan ibrahim hossein tu dengan lukisan ayah ku dan bulan..eh betul ke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak...tak acilah orang tu lukis kak nong camtu ...langsung tak serupa...sebab kak nong lagi comeiii...

    Tapi memang semua aksesori yang ditambah pada lukisan tu digunakan oleh wanita India kan kak? Sarat bebenor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi nong.Termiss your goldfish posting.Goldfish mmng sensitive ,kita orng kalau bela x lama dah k.o
    So you have been to India too..I kalau dpt pi ,teringin nak pi the northern part kashmir..must be very beautiful up there..

    ReplyDelete
  4. itu gambar nong yg dilukis ke... agaknya sape saja yg suruh lukis gambar end up sama je kot hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ezza,
    Kak nong minat tengok lukisan2 ni. Kalau masuk arts museum atau art exhibition boleh leka tak kira modern or contemporary. Many years ago kak nong pergi tengok original mona lisa tu kat museum the Louvre in Paris, tapi tak boleh dekat dan tak boleh snap photo. Tak lah berapa cantik, tapi senyuman nye famous...

    *****

    Anie,
    Bagi dorang cantik lah tu… siap ada tindik kat hidung. Kak nong tengok semua lukisan indian ladies especially yang high class or royalties akan pakai barang kemas yang sarat marat... Tapi hidup dorang terkurung, nobody can see them except husbands or family members…

    *****

    Madam,
    My goldfish tu now on medication, dah tenat sangat.

    Last Christmas we went on 2 weeks holiday in Delhi, Jaipur and Agra and then we flew to Srinagar in Kashmir for a few days stay on the boat house at dhal lake. We visited the ski resorts at Gulmarg and Sonamarg. Kashmir is beautiful in winter and of course it will be more beautiful in spring when the flowers start blooming. I plan to visit Kashmir in summer next time…

    *****

    Zino,
    Aa ah.. agaknye semua rupa macam tu kot. Tapi hubby kata kat double chin tu ada iras sikit2 he he…
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nong, that's a very nice sketch, a Mona Lisa of you, ha ha.
    I would love to visit that place you went to as I enjoy read about various Religions.

    You must have enjoyed the food there during your stay I guess.

    You have a pleasant week and keep well Nong, best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee,
    Mona Lisa of me? Jauh sekali he he...

    I like to try local delicacies when I travel. That is why I will surely put on weight after a long holiday...

    U take care too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tak ada rupe u. mungkin bila di reincarnate nanti...

    ReplyDelete