About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 11 December 2011

Penang: Lunar Eclipse Ride...

“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” - Bob Marley

That night we were at Batu Ferringhi. The sky was a little cloudy and the weather was cool for a leisure stroll along the night market.

(Grainy eclipse shot...)

Starting from around 9 pm, we had the opportunity to watch the lunar eclipse while having our dinner at a nearby stall. The eclipse happens when the earth slips between the sun and the moon, casting a reddish-orange glow on the moon. The last total lunar eclipse was sighted in 1957 and the next lunar eclipse will be in 2014.

(The Zen experience...)

Later we had foot reflexology to relax tired muscles and when we finished our massage, the eclipse was at its end stage and the moon was nearly fully covered.

What a beautiful sight, Subhanallah...

(Ready to roll...)

Total mileage: 900 km
Route taken: KL - PP - Kulim - Baling - Grik - KL

No comments:

Post a Comment