About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 17 June 2012

I failed my stress test...

“Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it...” - Irving Berlin


I have not planned to die today.

When I was younger, I had trouble donating blood and just weren't able to as I was always anemic until lately it has been a yearly affair.

We woke up late so we didn't have breakfast this morning. At noon, I just had a glass of water before we drove to Ampang to attend a friend’s wedding reception for his son. As usual, I had light lunch. On the way home, we detoured to Pusat Darah Negara to donate blood. For me, it has been a year since and hubby has made it a habit to come every 6 months.


Today I was interviewed by a young lady doctor and she was quite worried for me when she learned that I just had my full medical check-up and failed my stress test. And for today she advised me to donate 350cc, 100cc less than I normally would. I felt perfectly all right at first but half way through the process I felt my blood pressure fell and felt the tingling of my extremities. I felt like fainting and I swear it wasn't psychological.

'

After 10 minutes rest, a glass of milo and a few cupcakes, we drove home. I was feeling alright until when we were in the elevator I nearly caused panic to everyone in the lift. I literally dozed off while leaning against my hubby.

The next time I donate blood, I’ll make sure that I am fit, drink lots of water and eat a full meal. If I take those precautions and pass out again, I would call it quits. At least I tried.

2 comments:

  1. Salute yr nobble deed. How I wish to do the same but I was a confirmed diabetic before reaching 40. Manage to donate twice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tok Ngah,
    Same here. Age is catching up on me and am not as fit as I used to be. But I have a year before my next visit. Hopefully I'll be in best of health by then...

    ReplyDelete