About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 7 August 2013

A Sense of Loss...

"Times has changed and nothing was as good as it had once been..."

(My beloved abah and emak)

The last days of Ramadhan were spent with my sick parents in Melaka.

Looking at them lying on their bed made me feel very sad. At times like today, my mum would be busy in the kitchen. And my father would be on his motorcycle to and fro buying provisions. Now, I could no longer hear my mum's celoteh while cooking juadah raya, nor the sound of my abah's motorcycle. I miss the aroma of spices and the smell of my favorite rendang cili api.

Those were the good old days. I look back to the past and wish that life with my parents could be normal once again. Things have changed dramatically, and I will never feel those same old joyful feelings.

Alhamdulillah I am blessed. I still have my parents when others have loss theirs. And I'll make spending time with them count...

"SELAMAT HARI RAYA EIDIL-FITRI"

2 comments:

  1. Salam Aidilfitri Kak Mun,
    Menitik air mata linda baca. Yerlah masih dalam ingatan linda bila akak bercerita mak sibuk di dapur memasak dan abah akak naik motor. Sedih bila linda tengok gambar tu....

    -linda-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Eid Mubarak utk Linda sekeluarga.

    Kak mun beruntung masih mempunyai emak abah, walaupun mereka sudah terlantar. Hanya doa, kasih sayang dan belaian anak2 membuat mereka selesa dan tabah menempuh derita kesakitan.

    Kak mun balik Melaka tiap2 minggu dari Selasa hingga Khamis utk menjaga emah abah, bergilir dgn adik2 yg masih bekerja...

    ReplyDelete