About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 29 July 2013

A stretch of melancholy...

"Remember when we were young? We aways imagine if we keep our eyes to the sky, we will begin to see signs of good things to come..."


I was deep in my slumber when I was awakened by a call from KB.

Ani sounded panicky. She just got news from Kak Minie that Bee's two sons, Ridwan and Amir are hospitalised, one with an inflamed gall bladder and another suspected leukemia, yet to be confirmed.

I was in a state of disbelief when I heard the news. For a while I was feeling angry with Bee for not informing me and the gang. This recent situation and a stretch of melancholy may have caused her to sink into a rut of self-pity. Everyone has moments like this. But the longer you stay there in that rut, the deeper you will dig yourself in.

I gave Bee a short call to get details and the next day visited the two boys at the University Hospital. Ridwan's condition is improving and he'll be discharged soon. Amir is undergoing several more tests to confirm whether his blood disorder is caused by leukemia.

That evening I sat with Bee and we talked about nothing in particular. Nothing that I do or say could calm a mother's worry for her sons. I told Bee not to lose hope. All we could do now is pray for the best for the both of them.

2 comments:

  1. Salam Kak Nong,

    wishing you Selamat hari raya...

    Anggerik merah

    ReplyDelete
  2. AM,
    W'salam...

    Salam Eid Mubarak to you and family too.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete