About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 13 August 2018

Kelantan - A rendezvous at Min House Camp...

"A little foolishness, enough to enjoy life, and a little wisdom to avoid the errors, that will do..." - Osho

(Big 5 - Kid, Ubai, Ani, Bee and me)

After spending a few nights in Thailand, we entered Malaysia through Sungai Golok/Rantau Panjang border and stayed two nights in Kota Bharu.

Kota Bharu has changed a lot since I left after secondary school. I'd had a happy childhood here in spite of deprivation. As a kid, I hadn't even realized that my family was poor, that truth hadn't occurred to me until I went to college and was able to look back on my life in Kota Bharu from a distance. In this very town, I made lots of friends, and maybe a few enemies too.

(Big 5 - My best of friends)

For our two days stay in Kota Bharu, I will be meeting my childhood friends. The SMKB girls had arranged a small gathering of friends at Min House Camp to celebrate Ani's birthday. Lunch was Nasi Arab cooked by a guest from Syria. We have cakes and bread pudding for dessert. There was abundance of local fruits, a complementary from the owner of the camp. Regardless of their status, my friends are still the same, unbreakable by distance, unchangeable by time.

(Celebrating Ani's birthday)
(A lunch date with the girls)

After lunch we had the opportunity to wonder and pick herbs from the organic farm then later watch the extraction of honey from the Kelulut Bee farm.

(Extracting honey by the trainers)

Min Camp is situated in Kubang Kerian, approximately 20 minutes' drive from Kota Bharu town. Min House Camp offers a quiet and comfortable stay, offering garden and river views. Guests can go fishing, canoeing, biking and organizing hiking activities at an additional cost. There is a bee farm and an organic herbal garden to explore. One of the interesting highlights here is to go for firefly-watching at night.

(A small bamboo hut in the camp)

No comments:

Post a Comment