About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 15 April 2019

Muscat - A taste of traditional Oman...

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions..." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

(Big Bus hop-on hop-off city tour of Muscat)

After our Umrah trip to the holy lands, we transited for about nine hour in Muscat, the capital city of Oman. During our half-day tour, I found Muscat city fascinating and lovely in general. The locals we met were friendly. Some local folks who could not speak English were shy but graciously charming. The scenery was spectacular and the food was delicious. It was not cheap though.

We visited several attractions around Muscat, The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, The Muttrah Souq, the Cornish and harbour and Al-Alam Palace of Sultan Qaboos before we boardedthe plane back to KL.

(The majestic Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque)
(Beautifully decorated main prayer hall)
(The entrance of the Mutrah Souq)
(Buying local handicrafts and souvenirs)

(A 3 km stretch of paved walkway)
(Cruise ships docking at the harbor)

(A windy evening at Sultan Qaboos Palace)
(A group photo in front of Al Alam Palace)

My Overseas Travel: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment