About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Pahang - Titik Tengah Semenanjung Malaysia

"Everything you do can be done better from a place of relaxation..." - Stephen C. Paul


All the while I thought that KM 0 in Kuala Lipis was the central point of Peninsular Malaysia, but I was wrong. The 0 km Kuala Lipis was actually a reference point of the British government in the past.
 
(Looking for the right junction)
(The GPS is available for direction)

The actual location is in Temerloh District, Pahang. Temerloh is not only famous for its Ikan Patin, but also the Central Point of Peninsular Malaysia and has become a new attraction for tourists. It is located in Kampung Paya Siput, Lancang between the old road that connects Karak and Temerloh.

(The attraction is closed early)
(The sun is setting soon)

More interestingly, the midpoint calculated by JUPEM is actually located right under a hut in Madrasah Darul Ulum. Because of this, the center point has been slightly moved about 120m away. A monument was built tilting towards the Qiblat with 5 bamboo poles representing the pillars of Islam. Madrasah Darul Ulum Complex is complete with amenities such as a canteen, a surau and rest rooms. There is a playground for kids and many interesting photo spots by the lake.

Visitors to the monument have to pay a minimal entrance fee and the complex closes at 4.00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment