About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 8 February 2023

My Second Cataract Surgery

“To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” -William Londen


It was already more than six months after my first cataract surgery. Today I had a second cataract surgery for my left eye.

A day before the surgery I did Covid-19 PCR test and the result was negative. For this surgery, the doctor advised me to undergo general anaesthesia. My cataract surgery procedure was to remove the lens of my effected left eye and replaced it with an artificial lens. I was in the OT from 11.15 am till 1.15 pm. The surgery took less than half an hour but I was fully awake much later after a bottle of drip.

The next day my eye patch was removed. I was given two types of eye drops to be used till my next visit which will be in two weeks time.

(Covid PCR Test before surgery)
(Feeling nervous as usual)

(Vitals monitoring in the day-care ward)

(Ready to enter the operation theatre)

(Sedated and in deep sleep)
(After surgery follow-up the next day)

3 comments:

  1. MAIMON BINTI MOHAMAD TOP16 February 2023 at 22:30

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about it! I only typing this now because I learned about this website.

    ReplyDelete