About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 24 September 2006

Family Iftar...

“The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity…” - George Bernard Shaw
 
 
When I woke up from sleep, my head was spinning. When I checked the clock, for a while I lost my bearing. Pukul 3 pagi ke 3 petang ni? I have slept like a log since after subuh. It is as though my body is having its revenge on me. I slept like I have never been before…

I rushed to take a quick shower and wake Sara up. Tonight we were having the family dinner and it’s my turn to cook. And the fridge and pantry were literally empty. We drove to Plaza Damas and bought loads of provisions which can last us till end of Ramadhan. In a jiffy Sara helped me cooked chicken curry, sambal sotong and mixed vege with button mushrooms. And of course, crispy fried fish and kicap with cili padi…

By 6.00 pm we had already finished with cooking. Iwan and Ella came from Mandy Villa with a bowl of sliced water melon. We started the breaking of fast with kueh-mueh and fruit juice. After solat Maghrib berjemaah we had buffet dinner as the dining table is too small to fit all of us. By 8 p.m. we cleared all foods and fruits and got ready to go to Mesjid Wilayah for the Solat Terawih. We completed Terawih around 10.30 p.m. and were stuck in a jam for quite a while as there were irresponsible people double and triple parking along the road.

I am happy to have the family for iftar and solat terawih together on the first day of puasa. I wish that my beloved Ja is here with us.....

8 comments:

  1. a get together esp for iftar is always nice...

    kira akak bangun pukul 3 memang ni kira speed shopping n cooking la yea? caya laaa.. bravo sara

    p.s.. dalam bahasa melayu pun berbuka puasa dipanggil iftar ker akak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simah,
    On the first day of Ramadhan, we usually make an effort to break fast together as one big family. During Ramadhan there will be a few more makan-makan to include the siblings. Most of the time it’s potluck style. So the host masak main dish je…

    Iftar tu quite commonly used in my family. Maklumlah nak cuba2 cakap arab sikit-sikit… he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Azer,
    Memang le nice. Kalau pasal makan2 tu mesti best esp tengah puasa ni...

    ReplyDelete
  4. selamat berpuasa..

    kami pun puasa pertama berkumpul beramai2.. tapi alang perlu balik ke asrama selebum sempat berbuka..(bawa bekalan) esok nya pula along balik ke gerik..

    kami sembahyang tarawih surau belakang rumah je..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zino,
    Selamat berpuasa...

    Kami bernasib baik, anak2 semua dah ada kat KL, senang sikit nak buat gathering buka puasa.

    Kat office pulak, tak terlayan jemputan dari suppliers and vendors untuk majlis berbuka puasa di hotel2. Mesti ada udang disebalik batu ni...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nong,

    selamat berpuasa. why is it, that everytime i read your blog, i have this feeling macam ada complicated romance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Has,
    Selamat berpuasa.

    Life may be complicated, but our love is always simple...

    ReplyDelete