About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 31 January 2007

Gala dinner & cultural show...

“The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants...” - Omar N. Bradley


In conjunction with the Bosnia Festive Week 2007, we were invited to attend the Gala Dinner and Show at the Manhattan Ballroom, Berjaya Times Square Hotel and Convention Centre. The Tuanku Raja Perlis and Tuanku Raja Perempuan graced the occasion.

After lengthy speeches from the Executive Chairman of Istimewa Restu and his Excellency, the Ambassador of Bosnia & Herzegovina we were entertained with the unique and energetic cultural performance from the Cultural and Artistic Society Borac from Travnik and the lovely songs from the talented young singers from the Elementary Music School Avdo Samilovic from Gorazde. The 70-member troupe had gone for a road-show in Penang, Langkawi and had recently entertained students at the Cempaka School with their songs and dances based on the civil war that broke out in 1992.

We watched a promotional video on Bosnia & Herzegovina. The war-torn country has risen from the ashes of destruction and has changed into a stunning beautiful country with rich cultural heritage.

I have to add this into my list of places to visit!

7 comments:

  1. wow! nice :-)

    u have a nice wkend ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azer,
    You have a nice weekend too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I can't belive someone wrote about this...I'm so glad cuz I played there ^^ I'm one of the girls on the keyboard from Gorazde...you really made me happy with this post...thank you ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ines,
    Your troupe performance that night was superb. And your country is beutiful. I wish i could visit it soon.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thank you ^^ I'm glad you liked it
    I hope you'll come to Bosnia soon... and I also hope I'll have a chance to come to Malaysia again cuz it's a very very beautiful country ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. very unique dance.. salamms

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put your web site site to my blogroll, I wish you would give some thought to returning the favor.

    Before I go, give permission me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I'm confident you have become aware this at this moment ,), English is not my chief language so I am utilizing Google Translate to build out how to put in writing what I actually plan to tell.

    ReplyDelete