About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Monsoon rendezvous...

“For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain…”- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Yesterday, a short sms from Senator U.

“I’ll be in Le Meridian from 10 to 14 July. Let’s have dinner together…”
“Ok, but I’ll be away in Dhaka from 5 to 9 July. I’ll see u after that, ok…”
“Ooh.. Ok. Ada apa di Dhaka tu ye?..”


As I sit here in my room, looking at the piles in my in-trays, I feel restless again. I need to get away soon. Hubby told me that it has started raining daily there in Dhaka and complained of a slight fever the past few days. By the time I go there, hopefully the weather is nicer to me, or I might be catching the monsoon spell too.

Whatever the weather forecast is, at the very least, I’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the summer collection of colorful handloom materials available in affordable prices. And I heard that the annual mango fair with 14 different types of mango on sales is currently going on at the Kalabagan Club field. I can’t wait to taste all those juicy and fleshy summer fruits…yum..yum..

Tomorrow night I’ll be flying to Dhaka. Hubby has bought bus tickets from Dhaka to Chittagong which is less than 250 Km away. Not that far, but the journey on road will take nearly 6 hours. And, we will be spending our weekend there!

Well... to me it’s not the destination that matters, it’s the journey that counts…

My Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

2 comments: