About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 14 July 2007

Ubi Kayu Rebus...

“Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.” - George Carlin


Senator Ubai, Bee and I drove to warong Tanjung Puteri for dinner after we solat Maghrib in U’s hotel room at Pan Pac. I had earlier fetched B from her house. Nik Aminah has to pick someone from the airport so she missed the gathering.

At warong Tanjung Puteri we ordered kuey teow goreng and mihun sup. And of course my favorite ubi kayu rebus to eat with delicious sambal bilis and kelapa. We were famished, the ambiance was cool, with the oldies playing in the background.

When the bill came, we could see the shock on Ubai’s face.

“makan ubi kayu pun sampai RM20. Kalau nak makan, belakang rumah aku pun banyak. Aku bagi free je….”

“He he… We’ll take the offer. Tapi ambiance kena cool macam ni tau… he he…”

No comments:

Post a Comment