About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 18 July 2007

Wonders of the world – Part II

"The seven wonders of the world: To see, to hear, to touch, to taste, to feel, to laugh and to to love..."

(Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey)

In one of the global polls ever conducted, millions of people have voted to name the new Seven Wonders of the World. The winners were chosen from 20 short-listed candidates. The Egyptian pyramids, the only surviving ancient wonders of the world, have been granted the status of ‘honorary’ candidate and exempted from the vote.

Of the 20 candidates for the new Seven Wonders of the World, I have visited nearly half of them…

Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
Colosseum, Italy
Hagia Sophia, Turkey
Kiyomizu Temple, Japan
Petra, Jordan
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Statue of Liberty, USA
Alhambra, Spain
Eiffel Tower, France

My Overseas Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment