About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 12 June 2009

H1N1 Stage 6...

"Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home..."


Unlike our other holiday trips, this time around we are quite apprehensive.

Our original plan is to rent a caravan and drive from Brisbane to Melbourne and cross to Tasmania by ferry. But now, Melbourne is categorised as the swine-flu capital of the world, with the H1N1 virus twice as prevalent as it is in Mexico, where the pandemic began, we contemplated whether it is a wise decision. To avoid risk, we decided to skip our trip to Tasmania because of the risk of being infected is high especially in the confined area during the long ferry rides. But there is also the risk of picking up the H1N1 flu virus on the road along the way. But hopefully, travelling in a caravan may reduce the likelihood, InsyaAllah.

But I need to keep it real, there is also a risk of us being hit by a car, bitten by dingos or trampled by kangaroos, and picking up the common flu virus anytime.

WHO has declared H1N1 a stage 6 pandemic and we have to take precautions… Wish me luck!

I will be updating my overseas travelogue @ Munmus.blogspot.com as and when I have the opportunity.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy and take care of urself at the same time kak..
    Bawa balik seekor kangaroo tu,x dapat yg real,key chain pun jadilah utk kami di sini...he..he..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madam,
    Kangaroo banyak yang mati bergelimpangan along the hiway ni...

    I am heading towards Sydney and am taking a rest at Forster Campsite. take care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kak Nong,
    My bro baru balik dari Sydney last month,finish study.Klu tak boleh jumpa org kampung kan...
    Sana nak masuk musim sejuk ke?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madam,
    Sekarang ni tengah winter kat sini... During the day macam dalam air-con jer, tapi malam sejuk jugak lah. Tidur kena pakai heater...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maklang Lina,
    TQ. Will take care. How the Umrah trip, sure seronok... nanti balik holida will check your entry...

    U take care too.

    ReplyDelete