About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 4 June 2009

Kelantan - Laksam and Nasi dagang...

“Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find...” - William Shakespeare



Last week was the start of the school holiday and nearly half the staff in the department has disappeared into thin air. What is interesting is that instead of having fewer meetings, I ended up with my diary full to the brim. While ensuring meetings are kept brief, some finished way after office hours.
'
Thursday afternoon, the section heads met to discuss on audit issues. After a few hours of intense arguments with no resolutions in sight, I declared defeat, packed my things and headed for home. I need a rest, for Friday, hubby and I will be driving to Kota Bharu to attend Ani daughter's wedding and meet up old SMKB/SIC friends .
'
And if I have the time, I will look for nasi kerabu and nasi dagang and meet up with one blogger friend, insyaAllah….

12 comments:

  1. Nong enjoy your weekend escaped to KB...

    ReplyDelete
  2. kami pun ada ada di KB on saturday ni.. for short visit..

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a wonderful weekend. Dah lama gak tak pergi KB ni. Selalunya kalau pergi tak miss makan laksam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. moga selamat pergi dan selamat sampai...

    makae nasi dagae tu beringat ingat sikit ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. last weekend kita menyonsang ya. we spent 3 days in KL. Arah balik singgah Seri Iskandar hantar niece balik UTP dan melalut ke Lumut...

    Sedapnya nasi dagang..kirim salam saya pada Kak Ubai ya..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nong, saya dislike meetings. (never wore a tie too, ha ha, they know who I was)
    When I was the 'Big Boss' before....
    I told all my managers, directors....and staff....about 600.

    "I hate meetings, but will hold one once in 3 months and nobody goes home if no conclusion.
    My meetings will not exceed 2 hours at most.
    I also don't like long reports...anything more than one page is a story, not a report.

    I expect only 1 report, once a month, and 3 paragraphs only.
    1/ what you did, 2/ money collected, 3/ what you doing next month?

    I never called or phone my staff at home, nor expect anyone to work on weekends...Monday to Friday, 8 to 5pm, they belong to me.
    Weekends, they belong to their family.
    And we had fun working.

    You keep well Nong, best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy your trip Kak Nong!! Dah more than 10 years i tak pergi Kelate.. Laksam and Nasi dagang are my favourite...sedapnya....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selamat berhujung minggu di KB ... selamat menikmati laksam dan nasi dagang ... aduuh, terliurlah pulak saya! :D

    Jaga diri Kak Nong. Salam :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baru buka blogs. By now you have been to Ani's daughter wedding and had met geng lama dan sampaikan salam aku.
    Never mind, eat some nasi nagang for me. On nasi dagang, none will beat my arwah mek's menu - siap dgn sambalnya.
    Have a safe journey back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. K nong, hope you are having a great time in Kelate.
    I am still in Muar,hubby still have some unfinish business with his plantation.Will be back on Monday.If God willing,we will meet..k sis..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salam Kak...selepas seminggu sibuk di ofis...dpt juga merehatkan diri di KB...dpt nasi kerabut & laksam ...hmmm...nikmatnya...anie suka laksam...

    Kali ni cuti sekolah nampaknya anie terperap kat rumah je...heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear all,
    I am back from my KB/KT trip...

    I dont't usually go travelling during school holiday to avoid the traffic jam, but this one is special...

    Penat tak terhingga but we had fun...

    ReplyDelete