About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Escape at midlife...

"This self-generated sentiment is something I would write when I am in a shit mood..."


It was just my jocular way of saying that I am feeling lousy, depressed and miserable. But, if I go any further, I will have to start looking for my shrink for therapy...

Escape at midlife, reckless and clean,
A new adventure, a change of scene.
A gnawing craving, to look and see,
to deceive fate, to search for me...

Another sunset, another dawn,
Another chance, to caress the sun.
Escaped at midlife, but nothing changed,
A few things moved, and rearranged...

10 comments:

  1. Kak...harap2 kak Nong akan ceria semua...

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anie,
    Jangan risau, ni saje nak mencurah perasaan.

    Will be back to my normal self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound lost. The struggle will leave you dazed and wounded. Wondering if it is worth, beleaguered and unsure…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ok. Even if I am lost I will find my way back… I guess I need to post more cheery entries so that people will not be misconstrued…

    And, please don’t fix me. I am not broken, yet…. Ha ha ha…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nong, regret to read you having the blues.
    You stay easy, the sun will still come out tomorrow, the birds will be singing.
    The politicians will still be telling you not to do what they do.

    Just look on the bright side, we all have these blue days, some more, some less, some permanent.

    Life's too short to be anything but happy.
    You stay young, stay beautiful and keep a song in your heart. best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lee,

    Don't worry. I'll be fine.

    Life happens. Unexpected situations pop up and easily throw my life out of balance. If I have a firm grip on my wheel of Life, I can steer my life back on course. But as of now my time and energy are spent on trivials. So much so, my mind, body and soul are in a state of turmoil...

    I wish I am in control on how the way my life is currently driven…

    Reading your comment made me smile for a while there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Kak Nong

    Terima kasih kunjungan akak.

    Saya suka apa sahaja yang berbentuk puisi/sajak.

    Take care kak

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iris,
    I am now out of the blues, hopefully for good. I see that you like poetry too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care Nong...you'll be fine ..you're always stong.....
    hold to the Mightiest...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still holding on strong.

    But just like the saying goes: Externally strong but internally empty, that's just like me now...

    外強中乾
    外强中干

    ReplyDelete