About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 1 January 2010

My New Year resolutions...

"Forget about what you thought you were and just accept who you are..."

(My life at extreme ends)

Last night, I was listing my New Year resolutions – I got a few – be a good person, be a good wife, be a good mother, be a good boss, so on and on...

This morning, while still under the comforter, it didn’t take much longer for my be good resolution to bite the dust. What had seemed such a great idea last night was – in the warm light of the morning, today – becoming an altogether dicey prospect. Just fraught with pitfalls it was. I can feel that my resolve begin to drain away. By the time I finished typing this, all my New Year resolutions will go down the drain. So what's left? I knew for certain I couldn’t go through with them. There were heaps of reasons why not.

This year, I will try giving resolutions a rest and just do my best. I can't always get what I want, but if I try sometime, I just might get what I need.

4 comments:

  1. as of late, your mood has changed tempo. what's up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is up, everthing is down.

    This is my dance floor, i change tempo whenever i like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nong sounds familiar, in my part of the world that is. So, curiosity has brought me here. I believe in new year resolutions, jotting down events and enjoying reminiscing -- to way, way back more than 50 years ago. At times tears trickle down and you grieve inwardly over an event ...
    Salaam and all the best to you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my part of the world, the name Nong is quite common, depicting ‘a lovable daughter’, according to my dad. I may be wrong here…

    Yes it’s true. For decades, I used to jot a long list of resolutions and revisit them at end of year. I have stopped doing that long time ago. To me, the whole thing seems a little pointless, frankly, when I consider the remote statistical likelihood that a given resolution will actually be followed. Here we are making little promises to ourselves every New Year's Eve that we clearly have no intention of following.

    Guess how many had actually done any of those things with any kind of consistency of purpose. I may be wrong again here…

    ReplyDelete