About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 19 February 2010

Johor - Down to the waterline...

"Old habits die hard, I guess. If you don't kick them, they kick you..."

(Fishing boats at Tanjung Piai)

Fishing is not one of my favorite past time.

The night was windy, the men were smoking and exchanging good-humored stories while I sat alone lost in thought at one corner of the jetty holding the fishing rod loosely. Both legs freely dangling over clear water. Mark Knopfler's 'Down to the waterline' was playing softly in the back ground. I watched small fishes nibbling at the bait playfully. My mind was wondering far, pondering the imponderable. The mind is full of thoughts.

This trip is supposed to relax my mind, body and soul. As simple as that. But of course it wasn’t simple at all. When it came to impulses, nothing was simple.
'
What agonies of mind had I put me through now?

(Chalets on stilts, at low tide)

The CNY long weekend was spent driving in our 4x4 down south to 'the southernmost tip of the mainland Asia' at Tg. Piai, Desaru, Air Papan, to Kuantan passing the Endau Rompin back to KL...

(By the beach at Telok Chempedak)

6 comments:

  1. Salam sejahtera kak,
    Tjg Piai...akak mesti lalu depan rumah mak saya kat kampung nak pergi situ... kpg saya di Pontian...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nurazzah,
    W'salam... Yes, we passed Pontian on the way to Tjg Piai, then we cross JB to Desaru...

    This coming long weekend nak ronda lagi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam, bestnya, so peaceful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazia,
    I am ok to stay longer at places like this one.

    It's therapeutic for mind,body and soul...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep on saying "don't worry about me, I'll be fine" but there’s deep within that you have to fix things up.

    While there's still time…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t be judgmental.

    I had made it a rule to ignore negative thoughts… My pondering mind is free to roam, and I take careful note of what I discover along the way…

    We do not have to be in control of everything to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete