About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 17 February 2010

My profound silence...

"No one appreciates my streak of rebelliousness..."

((L to R: Hasni, Doc Nik Arif, Hamidah, Col Abdul (with 4 kids and a son-in-law), Doc Helmi, Babee and Nong)

I have annoyed some friends when I did not answer any of their many messages about the reunion.

When I told them to go ahead and be resourceful, they started to blame and claimed that I have been distancing myself from them. And of all people, I am the one they decided to piss on. This seemed to me eminently unjust. What did they know of my profound silence? Do I need to tell them that my interest lies elsewhere?

I wish I could just tell the world that for now I wish to be alone, free of friends and foes. But the truth is, it is more of my own reverie from which I need to be free of.
'
But then when I saw Doc Helmi's message this morning I was excited to join the gang at Secret Recipe to celebrate Nik Arif and wife's homecoming and celebrate Col Abdul's 54th birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that I had to miss this. I created this forum but messed up things (do I? feel no regret) along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said we should live with no excuses and love with no regrets.

    Friends are forever. Looking back on the years would make me laugh. And looking back on the laughs would make me cry, too.

    ReplyDelete