About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Pahang: Leisure ride to Jerangkang Waterfalls...

"No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life..."

(The start of the trekking carrying nasi lemak bungkus)

Today we went for a biking trip to Jerangkang Waterfalls in Pahang for a tranquil afternoon picnic.

The Jerangkang waterfall is accessible from the KL-Kuantan old road approximately 30 kilometres after Maran. It is 16 km inland from the main road and accessible by car except one needs to be careful of ruts and ravines at some stretches.

(Steep and slippery tracks)

From the parking area, we took a 15-minute walk to the first of the falls. The trails upstream are mostly easy with some parts quite steep and slippery especially after heavy rain. There are a total of 43 separate waterfalls in Jerangkang but we managed to climb only to the 4th level. There are a number of lovely spots for picnics or camping, either on the river bank or on the flat rocks.

(First glimpse of the waterfalls)

It is said that Jerangkang Waterfalls is the big brother to Bekelah Waterfalls, situated not very far away too…

(We had the whole pool to ourselves)

Total Mileage: 420 km
Route Taken: KL - Maran - Jerangkang - Maran - KL

6 comments:

  1. Cantiklah tempat tu... Akak ni mana-mana pelusok tempat tau jer... hehehe..
    -linda-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    We managed to track up to the 4th level je. Itu pun dah semput...

    Air terjun yang kat atas lagi cantik dan banyak swimming pools untuk kanak2 berenang.

    Kalau rajin gi lah bawa anak2 picnic kat sana!Camping pun best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are lucky to have good bones nong... I am a candidate for hip joint replacement... But still I thank Allah Taala for this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tes,
    I was diagnosed with spondylisis and I have hair line fracture to my hip when I fell from the back of a truck when I was small. And I have a heart condition too and did my angiogram procedures in 2006.

    But I refuse to allow those conditions to restrict my activities and prevent me from doing the things I love to do.

    I still have back pains and suffer from short of breath at times...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alhamdulillah... you are an inspiration. My activities so far are photography, which involves lots of walking and extreme simple sports like zipslides. It is not a frequent activity though..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tes,
    I am into photography too but yet to attend photography classes.

    I love to try the zipslides, but I don't think my heart could take the rush of adrenalin... ha ha..

    ReplyDelete