About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 22 May 2011

Johor: Romantic riding escapade to Mersing...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step..." - Lao Tzu

(Teluk Buih Bay)

I was quite apprehensive when dear hubby agreed to join the convoy with 10 others. Ours is the only easy rider joining the convoy of young sports bikers, the likes of GTR, BMW and Versys. And as expected, because of safety, especially when handling the sharp and winding roads, these old-timers rode slow and steady and the rest had to wait for us at junctions to make sure that we would not get lost on the way.

The ride was exciting and quite many routes were unchartered for us. If not for their patience, we would not have managed to keep pace with their speed and reached safely at the intended destination.

We stayed the night at Fishing Bay Lodge in Teluk Buih. Although the chalet is quite expensive for Malaysian standard, the white sand beach is genuinely beautiful and serene.

One of these days, I wouldn’t mind to trace the same route again, just the two of us…

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love…

(Group photo at Hutan Lipur Panti)
(Bikes lined-up by the seaside...)
(Room rates between RM180 -RM380 per night)
(One of the more expensive chalet overlooking the sea...)
(A secluded private beach...)
(Watching fishermen hard at work...)
(Waiting for a glimpse of the sunset...)
(Group photo before the ride back)
(From L-R: Fazli, Su, Azim, Nazeli, Sham, Aishah, Mun, Mus, Nelsa, Shamsiah and Keef)

I could make you happy,
make your dreams come true
There’s nothing that I would not do
Go to the ends of the earth with you
To make you feel my love…

(You and I...)

Total Mileage: 1,020 km
Route taken: KL - Seremban - Air Keroh - Kluang - Kota Tinggi - Mersing - Pekan - Chenor -Temerloh - Simpang Pelangai - Titi - Hulu Langat - KL
Bikers gang: Mus & Mun, Nazeli & Sham, Sham & Aisyah, Keef & Nelsa, Azim & Liza and Fazli

5 comments:

  1. Hey - I am really happy to find this. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bila nampak deretan motorbike kat tepi jalan tu, teringat saya akan cerita orang putih yang pakai motor besar2 tu kat tv...cuma muka diaorang tu sebijik macam gangsters, orang Malaysia ni muka semua baik baik saja...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ezza,
    Budak2 bikers, (termasuk bapak budak dan gramps), yang Kak Nong kenal semua baik2.

    Dan sangat berdisiplin bila on the road...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations nong! That is a very long trip..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tes,
    Yes, it was a long trip but it was fun all the way...

    ReplyDelete