About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 1 September 2012

Our 33rd Anniversary...

"There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved..." - George Sand

(Reflecting 33 years of togetherness...)

I was with a few of my close friends at Cawan Bangsar the other day. As usual, I was drinking coffee with toast and those friends of mine were having heavy breakfast, nasi lemak and the like.

We were talking about nothing in particular when the topic of wedding anniversaries crept into our conversation. And I told them that my husband and I are celebrating our Anniversary soon.

I listened to them berating their ways of celebrating. A few celebrate on a grand scale, exchanging gifts and vows. But most have stopped wishing each other. Some couldn't even bother to remember. To them, after being married for more than 3 decades, the concept of loving the same person seemed a bit unreal, more of melodramatic metaphore for the depth of feeling rather than an actual commitment...

For me, each and every anniversary deserves to be celebrated. At least in a simple moderate way.

And tonight we are celebrating our 33rd Anniversary with a scrumptious feast of mouth-watering seafood dishes at Subang 2 with all in the family...

4 comments:

  1. tahniah,
    selamat hari ulang tahun yg ke 33 lebih dua dari kami.. semoga kekal bahagia sehingga ke akhir hayat... amin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zino,
    Wah... Zino pun dah lebih 30 tahun ke?

    May God bless us and our partners with happiness, togetherness, love and laughter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kak Mun,

    Dah lama tak follow blog Kak Mun nie. Maaf agak terlewat but the thought is more important rite..Happy 33rd Anniversary! Semoga Kak Mun & Abg Mus hidup bahagia hingga ke akhir hayat bersama anak-anak dan cucu-cucu yg tercinta..

    NJani
    x-banking 91-97

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jani,
    Thanks for the wishes... My wish is to live life to the fullest with my love ones.

    Take care...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete