About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 15 September 2012

Thailand: Riding to Koh Lanta...

“Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run there’s still time to change the road you’re on…” - Stairway to heaven
'

Koh Lanta is mountainous and rugged in some areas with its green forested hills, gravel and sand beaches, pretty coral reefs, clear emerald water and traditional lifestyle, provide a charming retreat from modern life.

Only 20,000 people live on Lanta including a clan of Chao Ley, or Sea Gypsies. This distinct ethnic group still follows their traditional customs and culture. Along with the Muslim and Chinese locals they give the island its unique ambiance and total seclusion.

In the early 1990s only the most adventurous travelers visited the island. The development however is slow and still nothing on a par with the likes of Phuket or Ko Samui.

 
Date: 15 - 17 September, 2012

Total mileage: 1,650 km
Route: KL - Bukit Kayu Hitam -Koh Lanta - Hatyai - Bukit Kayu Hitam - KL
Bikers' gang: Mus, Mun, Din, Yati, Chon, Syed, Zaini and Fifi

Overseas Travel Blog: All weather ride to Koh Lanta

No comments:

Post a Comment