About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 27 July 2013

Family Get Together...

"Do not be so humble and so modest that you rain on your own parade. But if you don't get out there now and blow your own horn, no one else will..."

(Murtabak daging and ayam)

Our family get-together was on a Saturday in the middle of the month of Ramadhan.

I am not complaining. Last year our turn happened to be in Ramadhan month too, a little hectic and chaotic, but we managed the gathering well. As usual, we'll have the get together gathering at our Bidara House.

(One family is missing!)

A few weeks before the event, we already surveyed the menu for the pot-luck among the siblings but only one replied. The rest kept silent and want to make it a surprise. This is our family party. If nobody wants to commit let it be. If you don't make choices that you know you will be able to live with afterwards, then you are not being fair to yourselves.

Not influenced by anyone, we ordered nasi bryani ayam madu and murtabak from Insaf Restaurant and bought satay kajang to add to the menu.

(Satay Samuri, a must have)

No comments:

Post a Comment