About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 28 December 2013

SMKB girls gathering...

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...” - Ralf Waldo Emerson

(With YB Ubai, Sariah, Zaiton and Nik Aminah)

I was overly happy when they decided to postpone the gathering at Sariah’s house to Saturday.

I have a wedding invitation on that day but I decided that I need to be with my friends instead. Some came all the way from KB for this meet and I have not met one of them since after form three. That was more than 40 years ago. When we met, I take solace and comfort that my old pals are still the same.

(Delicious pulut kuning and rendang)
(With Sariah, the wonderful host)

Old friends are the great blessings of one’s later years. We have a memory of the same events, have the same mode of thinking. We had fun reminiscing and recalling old times while we had our late lunch of pulut kuning and delicious chicken rendang.

It was a short meet but long enough to rekindle our long lost relationship.

(Time to say goodbye and ride off to JB)
(The late comers, Nasidah and Datin Maheran)

Among life's precious jewels,
Genuine and rare,
The one that we call friendship
Has worth beyond compare

No comments:

Post a Comment