About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 25 October 2014

Hot Pickled Mangoes...

"Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent..."


Everyone was talking about the new pickled mango asam boi, even the fb is featuring this.

So when one of the nieces asked her hubby to pluck the young mango fruits from my emak's garden to make into pickle, I asked for half a dozen to bring back to KL. When I reached home I put the mangoes aside until a few days after. The young mango fruits had turned yellow and ripening.

I couldn't find any asam boi, regardless, I had dissolved sugar with vinegar, added chilies from my kitchen garden and turned the ripening fruits into hot pickled mangoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment