About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 17 October 2014

My first kitchen garden...

"The benefits of growing things are as much food for the soul as for dinner..."


This is my first attempt in kitchen gardening, and it won't be my last.

Last month when we visited my bother-in-law's vegetables garden it triggered me to plant something simple and easy. I surfed the web and got me an idea to plant spring onions that need little caring and no watering.

Using empty plastic bottles, compost soil and a-foot long wicks, I planted a few onions in the bottles. I added a few drops of liquid fertilizer in the water and left the bottles under direct sunlight. A few days after, I saw my first sprouts of green onion leaves.

And less than two weeks later I was ready to harvest my first spring onions.

(my first harvest of daun bawang)
(Chopped green onions in my cucur udang)

No comments:

Post a Comment