About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 13 May 2015

I hit pause...

"Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet moving forward." - Nelson Mandela


Those days I wrote, forming memory into incredibly textured characters. My narrative was powerful and relentless. But then, I never expect people to read my private thoughts.

And I used to blog-hopped. Some blogs I skipped but some stories caught my attention. Each story was vital, cracking open a dialogue about what was kept secret and how those secrets shaped lives. The narrative was direct and unflinching, pulling you, challenging you, the kind of read where you sit and wonder, oh my god what happens next.

But between those moments, I hit pause and look back, allowing me to breathe in air and reflect on my own story…


Days they pass so quickly now, 
the nights are seldom long

Time around me whispers when it’s cold

The changes somehow frightens me, 
still I have to smile
It turns me on to think of growing old…

For though my life’s been good to me, 
there’s still so much to do
So many things my mind has never known
I’d like to sail away and dance 
across the mountains on the moon…

(R.I.P. John Denver)

10 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum. ..its food to hear from you again... tp mcm tak puas sbb baca kat hp je...hehehe...

    Moga kak nong akan terus menulis kisah perjalanan kak Nong dan pengalaman mengembara akak.

    Take care kak Nong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalam. Pause tu mcm comma lah kan...akan teruskan sampai push stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anie...
    W'salam... time is not on my side. Too much to do and no time to ponder.

    I am behind time in updating my travel blog. InsyaAllah, will find the time...

    You take care too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZABS...
    Salam... orang kalau dah coma tu susah nak sedar balik... ha ha...

    Harap2 stop sekejap jer dan akan sambung balik, insyaAllah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pn Nong:

      Maksud saya ( , ) dan ( . ).

      Delete
    2. En ZABS...
      Yes... my comma is temporary belum full stop lagi!

      I understand perfectly what you meant and I was just joking ha ha...

      Delete
  5. Salam kak nong...i mmg suka baca catatan akak dari dulu sampai sekarang..semuga akak dan abang sentiasa sihat dan terus kan kembara akak....akak berdua sumber inspirasi kami berdua....luvee you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ezzah,
    We are never too old to travel the world. Semangat masih gigih untuk mengembara dan melihat negeri orang serta menimba pengalaman.

    Let us pray for the best of health.

    Hugs and lots of love....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Kak Nong,
    Never stop checking and reading your updates ... looking forward to read your travel blog ...envy sangat akak dan husband... tidak jemu mengembara menimba ilmu ...

    Nurazzah8
    ** masih teringat duit syilling yang akak bagi sebagai cederahati semasa our blogger's gathering dulu ...
    read about it in my latest post http://www.nurazzah8.blogspot.com
    **

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nurazzah,
    Travelling is my passion since we were still young. Hanya sekarang lambat sikit nak update kerana time not permitting...

    Yes, I have read your post on our bloggers' gathering at the Marche and it made me smiling wide looking at our group photo, Meriah,,,

    ReplyDelete