About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 26 June 2015

Where Little Fairies Play...

"You know you're on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back..."

(For our teh tarik session with the bikers gang)

So many years have passed...

It has been nearly more than 4 years since I take care of my ailing emak and abah, three days a week. All three of our kebun in Sungai Rambai, Sungai Baru and Pedas have been totally neglected. Last year, after much discussions and contemplation, hubby and I had decided to sell off our kebun in Sungai Baru and donated the proceeds to a Madrasah Tahfiz. It was a good bargain when the buyer was willing to pay double the original price and learning that we are donating the proceeds, he added another RM20k to the selling price as part of his sedekah!

The buyer was also willing to lease our kebun Sungai Rambai and will convert the 3.5 acres of land into a small-scale Oil Palm plantation. We had drawn up an agreement for the lease of 15 years and whatever proceeds from the produce will be divided equally.

While the land is on lease, our tukang kebun will take care of whatever fruit trees left in the kebun. We will still continue to enjoy the durian and dokong fruits from our orchards during fruiting seasons. 

(Leaving some for the squirrels)
(Our chalet in the kebun, a resting place)

So many years have passed me by
I miss the morning dew on the grass
or the chirping of the birds on the tree
and the scampering of little squirrels, so free 

So many years have passed me by
I left my childhood in a place so far
where happy memories stay
In the garden where little fairies play...

No comments:

Post a Comment