About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 24 May 2020

Salam Covid Eid Fitri...

"May Allah's blessings be showered on us on this Eid al-Fitr during this Covid-19 Pandemic..."

(Celebrating a simple Eid)

Eidul Fitri won't be the same this year.

Iwan and family came a day earlier. There will be no morning prayers at the mosque. Our Eid prayers were performed at home. I cooked nasi empit, sambal tumis and cream caramel for dessert. The rendang and kuah kacang were ordered online. We could not even have our favorite satay Samuri to eat with the other dishes. I missed our kids and grandkids in Johor. They will be celebrating the Eid with Fitri's family in Pontian. There will be no gathering of close family, no chance of friends to meet.  

This year the Eid is celebrated very simply and somberly...

(The two of us at Bidara House)
(Iwan and family)
(Sara and family in Johor Bharu)

No comments:

Post a Comment