About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 1 September 2022

Endoscopy and Colonoscopy procedures

“The wish for healing has always been half of health...” - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

(Endoscopy Centre, Pantai Hospital)

When I complained of frequent stomach aches and irregular bowel movements I was referred to a Gastroenterologist. A date was fixed for me to have both the endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures to detect possible abnormalities that cause the pain.

(The view from our Putramas apartment)
(Ready for the procedures)
(A light meal after the procedures)

I was given laxatives to clear my bowels a day before the procedures. The laxatives caused me frequent trips to the bathroom. I arrived early at the Endoscopy Centre on the day of the procedure. I was warded and prepped at the day-care ward. The procedures involved minimally invasive processes that uses a specific tool to detect possible abnormalities in the stomach and colon. I was sedated and was asleep throughout the entire procedure which took about 40 minutes. The doctor took tissue samples and removed some polyps from my stomach and colon for further tests.

(Feeling overly hungry)
(Chicken Rice and Asam pedas for lunch)

A full report on the procedures and the results of the procedures will be ready on my next follow-up visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment